- ARM Arch: The versatile ARM architecture is poised for a central role in the next generation of devices.
- Duplicity: Back up to the cloud with this easy Linux command-line utility.
- VM Depot: Check out Microsoft's library of Linux virtual images for the Azure cloud.
- Windows in OpenStack: We'll show you how to make Microsoft's Azure cloud play nicely with OpenStack.
Also in this issue:
- Table of Contents
- Comment: The Big Internet Future
- On the DVD: Fedora 19 & Kali Linux
- DVD Inlay
- Ask Klaus! Klaus Knopper answers your questions about GParted, multiple GRUBs, parallel distros, and backup repair.
- Charly – Mosh: Charly’s beach vacation is saved by an SSH replacement that specializes in weak connections.
- Security Lessons – OpenShift: The OpenShift PaaS tool and tips for life in the on-premises cloud.
- Init Systems: Upstart and systemd challenge the venerable init for the role of starting processes in Linux.
- The ext Filesystem: We study four generations of the great Linux filesystem and look at the path ahead.
- exFAT Filesystem: Reaching Microsoft’s exFAT filesystem with open source tools.
- Perl – Jawbone UP: Using Perl to monitor daily activity and sleep patterns.
- LibreOffice vs. OpenOffice: We compare the leading open source office suites.
- Command Line – Debian Goodies: Time-tested scripts for managing Debian packages.
- Workspace – Android Productivity: Email and edit from your Android phone or tablet.
- OpenTTD: Build a transportation empire with this cool simulation game.
- GIMP Maps: Add 3D effects to your photos with GIMP bump maps.
- Life on Planet Firefox: It’s easy to write a mobile app for Firefox OS.
- Doghouse – Taking Initiative: Forging your own path can lead to the most interesting part of the forest.
- Kernel News: Un-behemothing the device tree behemoth.
- Beer Hike: The annual Linux beer hike lands in Castleton, England, for hacking, hiking, and plenty of home brew.
|Delivery time||It could take up to 4 weeks depending on your delivery region|