Also in this issue:
- Comment: Coins and Trains
- On the DVD: Mageia 4 and openSUSE 13.1
- Survey Tools: We find which tools are suitable for online surveys and which will best help you analyze your results.
- Samba 4: New features in Samba 4.
- Ask Klaus! Klaus Knopper answers your Linux questions.
- ATA over Ethernet: Build a network-based virtual RAID solution using AoE.
- USB Multiboot: Tools MultiBootUSB and MultiSystem tools transfer multiple Live systems to a USB flash drive and even install a matching boot manager automatically.
- Security Lessons – Logging DNS Replies: Kurt explains how to capture DNS replies and keep them forever.
- Charly – Mod_bw: Mod_bw throttles the big data hogs when too many users are competing for bandwidth.
- Go Programming: Go combines type safety with manageable syntax and an extensive library.
- Perl – Elasticsearch: The Elasticsearch Lucene-based search engine quickly finds text expressions in a large, distributed database.
- Workspace: Text Expander Two utilities and a dash of Bash let you create a simple yet flexible text expander.
- Downloading Web Video: Store YouTube movies on your hard disk and view them when you’re offline.
- 4MLinux: A choice of feature-oriented Linux variants without the bulk.
- Command Line – Fish: Feature-rich Friendly Interactive Shell (Fish).
- Doghouse – Happy Anniversary: “maddog” remembers 20 years of association with Linux, CeBIT, and open source.
- Kernel News: Zack Brown looks at kernel developer activity, problems with kernel test bloat, and assembler in the kernel.
|Delivery time||It could take up to 4 weeks depending on your delivery region|